Valley families can have taxes done for free
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of local families now have a chance to get their taxes done for free.
The United Way of Fresno County kicked off its volunteer income tax assistance, the Vita program, Saturday.
Congressman Jim Costa stopped by the office to thank participants and volunteers.
The Vita program offers free tax help to individuals and families with household incomes of $50,000 or less.
The service is available on Friday nights and Saturdays at several locations.
United Way of Fresno President Michael Alexander said, "We ask people, they need to bring all their forms, social security card, all their statements file electronically, which is really great."
You can call 211 to find a Vita location near you.
The service is available until April 15th.
taxes, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends 4 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos