Valley fans and Super Bowl frenzy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With only hours to go until the Super Bowl Valley fans are already sporting their team pride.
Local sports shops sold out of merchandise including Colin Kaepernick jerseys earlier this week. Staff members say the majority of customers are stocking up on 49er gear but Ravens apparel is also selling fast.
49er fans say every penny they spend is worth it for their favorite team.
"I don't have the budget. I just know that I want to support my team. We are going to the Super Bowl again it's been a while. I am going to spend what I need to so they know and can feel the wave all the way from Fresno," said Sarah Reyes.
The store's manager, Noe Lopez says the majority of customers are scooping up 49er gear but Ravens apparel is also selling fast.
Local restaurants say they're expecting a huge Sunday turnout. Crowds there can catch the game on more than a dozen big screens.
"Usually Super Bowl is a little slow because people have a lot of house parties but I am guessing with the California team being in and it and especially the 49ers it's probably going to be a packed house," said Bryan Jacobsen.
san francisco 49ers, economy, fresno, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 24 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect