Free self-defense classes for kids
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of children are learning how to defend themselves through free seminars in Central Fresno.
Missing Link Mixed Martial Arts started offering the free classes once a month back in October after hearing of a little girl being abducted.
The owner says he wants to help children protect themselves from similar situations.
Art Hugues of Missing Link Mixed Martial Arts said, "Give them some awareness as well as basic self-defense techniques to be able to get away from an attacker and escape."
None of the kids have any prior martial arts experience but they've been able to pick up the techniques quickly.
The classes are free to children on the first Sunday of every month and new students are always welcome.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze 50 min ago
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water