Fresno Police investigate two shootings
FRESNO, Calif. -- The first shooting happened at Crystal Avenue and Kearney Blvd. in Southwest Fresno just after 8 p.m.
Authorities say the victim saw a car-jacking taking place and he attempted to stop the suspects.
Fresno Police Department Lt. Phil Cooley said, "The suspects turned and fired some rounds in the man's direction and subsequently the man was hit by a bullet."
The victim is in his 30's and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center where he was in critical condition, police said.
The second shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday at Poplar and Hedges Avenues in Central Fresno.
Police were looking for two suspects after a Super Bowl party resulted in a shooting. One man was hit and was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Fresno Police are looking for the suspects in both shootings. If you have any information you are asked to call them.
fresno, fresno county, fresno police department, shooting, local, mariana jacob
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 46 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno