Fresno Police investigate two shootings
FRESNO, Calif. -- The first shooting happened at Crystal Avenue and Kearney Blvd. in Southwest Fresno just after 8 p.m.
Authorities say the victim saw a car-jacking taking place and he attempted to stop the suspects.
Fresno Police Department Lt. Phil Cooley said, "The suspects turned and fired some rounds in the man's direction and subsequently the man was hit by a bullet."
The victim is in his 30's and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center where he was in critical condition, police said.
The second shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday at Poplar and Hedges Avenues in Central Fresno.
Police were looking for two suspects after a Super Bowl party resulted in a shooting. One man was hit and was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Fresno Police are looking for the suspects in both shootings. If you have any information you are asked to call them.
fresno, fresno county, fresno police department, shooting, local, mariana jacob
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm