Man dies after being hit by train in Tulare Co
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The crash happened around 6 a.m. Monday at Avenue 76 and Bishop Drive near Highway 99 between Pixley and Earlimart.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) said a man was struck and killed on the train tracks while trying to grab his lunch from his vehicle.
Authorities say the man and his brother were on their way to work and became disoriented in the fog. The driver accidentally turned on the train tracks and got his vehicle stuck.
The man and his brother got out of the car, but then the driver turned back to get his lunch. That's when the train struck him.
"The occupants were brothers -- which makes it even more of a tragedy, because one brother obviously saw what happened," said Scott Harris, CHP.
The passenger was not hurt in the crash.
tulare county, pixley, earlimart, local, amanda venegas
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos