Atwater Mayor Pro Tem throws fit over a milkshake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the North Valley are upset after a city official was caught throwing a fit over a milkshake.
Employees say Atwater city council member and mayor pro tem Craig Mooneyham yelled over the price of a milkshake on January 26th at a Fosters Freeze in Atwater. Mooneyham now faces a misdemeanor charge.
Isabel Alvarado works there and says he complained he was overcharged -- then started yelling and cursing. In the video, Alvarado says this is the bill from that night. A hand written note says he was quote "drunk."
"Being who he is part of our city, what kind of example is he setting for us," Patty Martinez said. "It's kind of upsetting because our city is being known for this now and not just our budget."
Action News has not able to reach Mooneyham for a comment. The district attorney's office says he now faces a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace by fighting.
crimetracker, atwater, merced county, merced, local, mariana jacob
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam