Mistrial declared in Fresno child death case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County judge has declared a mistrial in a child abuse death case from more than four years ago. The jury in the case involving Benjamin Gomez was deadlocked on both counts.
Gomez is accused of killing his girlfriend's one-year-old daughter. The incident happened back in December 2008, while Gomez was watching 17-month-old Madison Garcia at the East Central Fresno apartment he shared with his girlfriend.
Madison was abused so severely, she died two days later from brain swelling and a fractured skull.
We have a crew at the courthouse, and we'll bring you the latest developments on this mistrial -- on later editions of Action News.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Accuweather Forecast
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos