Fire damages home in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two Southwest Fresno residents are looking for a new place to stay after a fire caused heavy damage to their home.
The flames broke out shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday inside a home on Garrett near Thorne. Fire officials say the fire started in the attic. One of the residents says she noticed the flames, woke up her grandfather, and they both made it out safely.
It's unclear what caused the fire but authorities say electrical problems may be to blame.
fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- Ryan Rodriquez has been found safe in Fresno County 1 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos