Pedestrian killed crossing HWY 99 in Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal pedestrian accident on Highway 99.
The accident happened just after 6 a.m. Friday on the southbound lanes of Highway 99 at the Avenue 24 off ramp. The CHP said a woman was crossing the highway carrying a gasoline can when a car struck her.
Officers say the driver will not face any charges. The southbound right-hand lane was closed for several hours following the accident but all lanes of the highway are now open.
chowchilla, madera county, accident, local, gaby rodriguez
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos