Pedestrian killed crossing HWY 99 in Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal pedestrian accident on Highway 99.
The accident happened just after 6 a.m. Friday on the southbound lanes of Highway 99 at the Avenue 24 off ramp. The CHP said a woman was crossing the highway carrying a gasoline can when a car struck her.
Officers say the driver will not face any charges. The southbound right-hand lane was closed for several hours following the accident but all lanes of the highway are now open.
chowchilla, madera county, accident, local, gaby rodriguez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 54 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 14 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 40 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free