Pedestrian killed crossing HWY 99 in Chowchilla
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal pedestrian accident on Highway 99.
The accident happened just after 6 a.m. Friday on the southbound lanes of Highway 99 at the Avenue 24 off ramp. The CHP said a woman was crossing the highway carrying a gasoline can when a car struck her.
Officers say the driver will not face any charges. The southbound right-hand lane was closed for several hours following the accident but all lanes of the highway are now open.
chowchilla, madera county, accident, local, gaby rodriguez
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 56 min ago
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley 38 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos