SUV runs stop sign; Police chase in northeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A late night police chase came to a crashing end in northeast Fresno.
It stopped in the area of Chestnut and Bullard Avenues.
Investigators were after an SUV when it blew through a stop sign and crashed into another car. The suspect then ran from the vehicle. He was arrested a short time later.
Authorities say the man may have had a run-in with the law just hours before the chase.
California Highway Patrol Officer Axel Reyes said, "I know possibly he may have been involved in a robbery prior to this. We also found drugs in his vehicle"
Police say the suspect was identified as 36-year-old Alexander Soto and crashed his vehicle into the vehicle of 61-year-old Mark Bourdase.
He's now at Community Regional Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition.
Authorities say the driver of the other vehicle suffered moderate to major injuries.
fresno police department, crimetracker, accident, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos