3 gang members high speed chase from Sanger to Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three suspected gang members are in jail Saturday after a high speed chase that began in Sanger and ended in Fresno
The California Highway Patrol says Sanger police started tracking a stolen car around 10:30 a.m.
Officers tried to make a stop, but the driver sped away.
Authorities chased the car all the way to this field near Backer and Pitt Avenues, where they arrested the three suspects.
Investigators say they also found an empty holster and drugs inside the car.
California highway patrol Sgt. Gil Peirsol said, "One of the passengers is wanted in questioning in a number of crimes, so drugs and weapons charges."
The CHP says the suspects were driving as fast as 90 mph an hour during the chase.
fresno police department, crimetracker, accident, high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, sanger, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals