A snowy Shaver Lake fire challenges firefighters
SHAVER LAKE, Calif. -- A fire caused $300,000 to $400,000 in damage to a cabin at Shaver Lake.
More than two dozen firefighters from nearby volunteer departments and CalFire rushed to a home on Littlefield road near Granite Lane just before 10 a.m.
They say a chimney fire spread into the attic and destroyed at least half of the cabin.
Smoke alarms helped the people inside get out safely. But the snowy conditions were challenging for the firefighters.
Volunteer Firefighter Chief Brian Murray said, "The dangers the firefighters encounter dragging hose and accessing the property as far as slip and fall and stability."
Crews stayed at the scene of the fire for several hours checking for hotspots and making sure the fire did not flare up again.
shaver lake, fire, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car