George the Giraffe gives medals to Valley runners
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Children's Hospital Central California is getting a big boost from hundreds of runners.
The Red Balloon Race started and ended at Fresno's Fig Garden Shopping Center today.
Action news was there as George the Giraffe presented medals to participants of all ages. The 5k run-walk raises money to support children's health by benefitting the hospital.
Each of the racers received a red balloon and could buy extra ones for a $10 donation.
childrens hospital central california, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 55 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland