Teen accused of kidnapping boy, trying to flee state
HOUSTON -- An 18-year-old woman is facing charges after she allegedly kidnapped her friend's nephew from a home in northwest Houston and tried to flee the state.
Yunane Summons was arrested at a Greyhound bus station in downtown Houston Saturday afternoon.
Detectives say hours earlier, Summons took 2-year-old Amilleon James from a home in the 3500 block of West Little York while the boy's uncle was taking a shower and his grandfather had stepped away. Neighbors saw Summons with the toddler and tried to stall her but to no avail.
Summons allegedly took the boy to the Greyhound bus station, in an effort to travel to Louisiana, but got into a dispute with an employee over the bus fare. A security guard held her until police arrived and they found the child.
Police say they still don't know why Summons wanted to take the child, but they say she's an acquaintance of the toddler's uncle.
Summons now faces a charge of kidnapping, but additional charges are pending. A bond has not yet been set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos