Teen accused of kidnapping boy, trying to flee state
HOUSTON -- An 18-year-old woman is facing charges after she allegedly kidnapped her friend's nephew from a home in northwest Houston and tried to flee the state.
Yunane Summons was arrested at a Greyhound bus station in downtown Houston Saturday afternoon.
Detectives say hours earlier, Summons took 2-year-old Amilleon James from a home in the 3500 block of West Little York while the boy's uncle was taking a shower and his grandfather had stepped away. Neighbors saw Summons with the toddler and tried to stall her but to no avail.
Summons allegedly took the boy to the Greyhound bus station, in an effort to travel to Louisiana, but got into a dispute with an employee over the bus fare. A security guard held her until police arrived and they found the child.
Police say they still don't know why Summons wanted to take the child, but they say she's an acquaintance of the toddler's uncle.
Summons now faces a charge of kidnapping, but additional charges are pending. A bond has not yet been set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe