Teen accused of kidnapping boy, trying to flee state
HOUSTON -- An 18-year-old woman is facing charges after she allegedly kidnapped her friend's nephew from a home in northwest Houston and tried to flee the state.
Yunane Summons was arrested at a Greyhound bus station in downtown Houston Saturday afternoon.
Detectives say hours earlier, Summons took 2-year-old Amilleon James from a home in the 3500 block of West Little York while the boy's uncle was taking a shower and his grandfather had stepped away. Neighbors saw Summons with the toddler and tried to stall her but to no avail.
Summons allegedly took the boy to the Greyhound bus station, in an effort to travel to Louisiana, but got into a dispute with an employee over the bus fare. A security guard held her until police arrived and they found the child.
Police say they still don't know why Summons wanted to take the child, but they say she's an acquaintance of the toddler's uncle.
Summons now faces a charge of kidnapping, but additional charges are pending. A bond has not yet been set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos