Fresno Co. Sheriff's find dead body in orchard
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A body has been found in Fresno County, and now investigators are treating the discovery as a homicide.
Authorities found the body at a Fresno County orchard on Whitesbridge and Polk Avenues shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday.
Fresno County Sheriff's deputies aren't saying if the body is that of a man or a woman. Authorities say they were first called out to the area for reports of a hit and run crash involving a pedestrian.
Deputies say they found evidence suggesting the crime was not a hit and run. Homicide detectives have not said how the victim died.
Investigators are interviewing people in the area to figure out what happened but so far no arrests have been made.
fresno, fresno county, homicide, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region