Family, friends to gather to remember mother run over and killed by boyfriend
HOUSTON -- Funeral services begin today for a mother who was brutally murdered at a northwest Houston park last week.
Police say last Monday Melissa Chavez was ran over as many as 15 times by her boyfriend Jessie Blanco at T.C. Jester Park. Blanco, 29, was arrested Tuesday and has been charged with her murder.
Chavez, 28, leaves behind four children, the youngest only two months old.
A viewing for Chavez will be held at Guardian Angel Funeral Home from 1pm to 8pm today. Her funeral is set for 11am tomorrow at the same funeral home.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl