Suspect leads police on dangerous chase on west and north side of town
HOUSTON -- A suspect led police on a dangerous police chase on the west and north side of town.
Our Houston TranStar Jam Cams were rolling as Houston police officers chased the suspect on the outbound North Freeway toward Montgomery County. The chase started just before 5:30 this morning on the West Loop near W. Bellfort when officers spotted a stolen vehicle.
The chase ended around 5:45 this morning on FM2920.
The suspect stopped and was arrested. It is not yet clear if he stopped voluntarily or because spike strips damaged two tires on the vehicle. His name has not been released.
Fortunately, there were no injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 2 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas 51 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up