A Fresno neighborhood is coping with no running water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Residents in the New Haven subdivision near Cedar and Teague Avenues are bringing in bottled water to get them through the weekend.
The community's management company says a water main break was reported just before noon Saturday.
A huge sink hole is surrounded by yellow caution tape. Crews turned off the water, and now neighbors are waiting for repairs.
"You use water quite a bit in your daily routine and getting up not being able to shower when you go to shower or go to the restroom, just trying to adjust and figure out to go about everyday life without water," said one resident.
Crews are expected to start digging up the trench to fix the problem tomorrow morning.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash 47 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos