Fresno hit and run leaves bicyclist seriously injured
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail, accused in a hit-and-drive crash that left a bicyclist seriously injured in Central Fresno.
It happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday on Cedar near Belmont. Fresno Police identified the suspect as 44-year-old David Santillan. Authorities say Santillan hit a man as he was crossing Cedar.
Police say Santillan pulled over after the collision, but ran away, leaving his vehicle behind. He was arrested at his home in Fresno about four hours later.
The victim was taken to Community Regional Medical Center where he in critical condition.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, hit and run, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 17 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east