Details about a man shot and killed by Visalia police
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police released new details about Friday's officer-involved shooting which left a man dead.
Officers say Santibanez was defiant and refused to comply with officer's demands. Investigators are looking into whether he may have fired a return round at officers.
Mestas says Santibanez had a lengthy criminal history for selling drugs. He was also facing a rape charge.
"Our officer shot five times at the suspect believing that at any time of the revving of this engine that was continual that the car was going to prevent him from living or other citizens," Mestas said.
Juan Colon, who was the neighbor said, "Besides the fact that he a different car like every couple week she had a different new car not just any car but you know besides that nothing"
Visalia police say Santibanez was driving a white BMW, which was rented from Hertz in Downtown Visalia.
Officers say even though he didn't have a driver's license, they believe Santibanez drove different cars while he was dealing drugs.
crimetracker, shooting, officer involved shooting, visalia, tulare county, tulare, goshen, local, jessica peres
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels