3 arrested, 85 pounds of pot seized in Fresno bust
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have uncovered part of a marijuana distribution ring in Fresno.
Fresno Police found 85 pounds of marijuana in this drug bust with an estimated street value of $85-thousand. Officers say they believe the suspects were distributing marijuana in the Valley and had connections to Texas.
Three people were taken into custody. Police arrested 28-year-old David Marks,29-year-old Peter Bandefone, and 38-year-old Keo Souvannasane.
Officers with the multi-agency agency gang enforcement consortium said they received information that Marks, a wanted man, was in the area of Olive Avenue and First Street. Police made a traffic stop and found about five pounds of marijuana inside the vehicle, as well as a bullet-proof vest. Police then searched the home of one of the suspects, where they found a large quantity of marijuana.
Police say Marks has had trouble with the law before. "Mr. Marks was wanted for an outstanding warrant both in Fresno County and Ventura County. Those warrants were for weapons-related violations," said Paul Cervantes, Fresno Police Department.
Authorities detained another four people at the home.
All three suspects were booked into the Fresno County Jail for a variety of narcotics related offenses.
If you have any information on this case please call Fresno Police at 498-STOP where you may remain anonymous.
fresno, fresno county, fresno central, local, amanda venegas
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 49 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered