Hit and run accident leaves man dead in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after a late night hit and run crash in central Fresno.
Lieutenant Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said on Friday, February 15, at 9:52 p.m., officers were dispatched to a hit and run accident which occurred on Cedar Avenue North of Shields Avenue.
"Based on the investigation, the male victim was crossing Cedar Avenue, North of Shields Avenue, out of the designated pedestrian crosswalk at the traffic signal," Gomez said. "The victim was struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on Cedar Avenue. After striking the pedestrian, the vehicle continued southbound on Cedar Avenue from Shields. The victim was immediately rushed to CRMC where he was pronounced deceased."
The suspect vehicle is described as a white sedan, similar to a Chevrolet Cobalt, with a rear tinted window. Police tell Action News they believe the suspect is in his 40s.
There is the possibility the vehicle will have front-end damage as a result of the collision. The Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU) was on scene conducting the collision investigation as officers citywide continue their search for this suspect vehicle.
Police have identified the victim as Teddy Pearce, 49.
fresno, fresno county, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs 21 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident