Hit and run accident leaves man dead in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after a late night hit and run crash in central Fresno.
Lieutenant Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said on Friday, February 15, at 9:52 p.m., officers were dispatched to a hit and run accident which occurred on Cedar Avenue North of Shields Avenue.
"Based on the investigation, the male victim was crossing Cedar Avenue, North of Shields Avenue, out of the designated pedestrian crosswalk at the traffic signal," Gomez said. "The victim was struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on Cedar Avenue. After striking the pedestrian, the vehicle continued southbound on Cedar Avenue from Shields. The victim was immediately rushed to CRMC where he was pronounced deceased."
The suspect vehicle is described as a white sedan, similar to a Chevrolet Cobalt, with a rear tinted window. Police tell Action News they believe the suspect is in his 40s.
There is the possibility the vehicle will have front-end damage as a result of the collision. The Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU) was on scene conducting the collision investigation as officers citywide continue their search for this suspect vehicle.
Police have identified the victim as Teddy Pearce, 49.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits