Hit and run accident leaves man dead in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after a late night hit and run crash in central Fresno.
Lieutenant Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said on Friday, February 15, at 9:52 p.m., officers were dispatched to a hit and run accident which occurred on Cedar Avenue North of Shields Avenue.
"Based on the investigation, the male victim was crossing Cedar Avenue, North of Shields Avenue, out of the designated pedestrian crosswalk at the traffic signal," Gomez said. "The victim was struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on Cedar Avenue. After striking the pedestrian, the vehicle continued southbound on Cedar Avenue from Shields. The victim was immediately rushed to CRMC where he was pronounced deceased."
The suspect vehicle is described as a white sedan, similar to a Chevrolet Cobalt, with a rear tinted window. Police tell Action News they believe the suspect is in his 40s.
There is the possibility the vehicle will have front-end damage as a result of the collision. The Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU) was on scene conducting the collision investigation as officers citywide continue their search for this suspect vehicle.
Police have identified the victim as Teddy Pearce, 49.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes