Man turns himself in for Porterville murder
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The third suspect wanted for Porterville's first murder of the year is now in jail.
19-year-old Arnold Sanchez turned himself in at the city's police department late last night. Investigators say Sanchez assaulted Salvador Garcia before he was shot and killed on February 3, 2013.
Police had already arrested Federico Mejia and his girlfriend, Adriana Jaimez for the homicide. Detectives say the victim was parked in his car waiting for a friend at this mini mart when Mejia walked up and shot him in the chest. They say Jaimez then drove Mejia and Sanchez away from the scene.
Police believe the victim was not involved in gangs, and that the shooting may have been random.
porterville, murder, local
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos