Man turns himself in for Porterville murder
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The third suspect wanted for Porterville's first murder of the year is now in jail.
19-year-old Arnold Sanchez turned himself in at the city's police department late last night. Investigators say Sanchez assaulted Salvador Garcia before he was shot and killed on February 3, 2013.
Police had already arrested Federico Mejia and his girlfriend, Adriana Jaimez for the homicide. Detectives say the victim was parked in his car waiting for a friend at this mini mart when Mejia walked up and shot him in the chest. They say Jaimez then drove Mejia and Sanchez away from the scene.
Police believe the victim was not involved in gangs, and that the shooting may have been random.
porterville, murder, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years