Man turns himself in for Porterville murder
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The third suspect wanted for Porterville's first murder of the year is now in jail.
19-year-old Arnold Sanchez turned himself in at the city's police department late last night. Investigators say Sanchez assaulted Salvador Garcia before he was shot and killed on February 3, 2013.
Police had already arrested Federico Mejia and his girlfriend, Adriana Jaimez for the homicide. Detectives say the victim was parked in his car waiting for a friend at this mini mart when Mejia walked up and shot him in the chest. They say Jaimez then drove Mejia and Sanchez away from the scene.
Police believe the victim was not involved in gangs, and that the shooting may have been random.
porterville, murder, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 36 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?