High speed chase in Fresno and Clovis ends with arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man is facing charges for trying to run down police officers after he led them on a chase through Fresno and Clovis overnight.
The chase ended on Clovis Avenue, between Olive and Highway 180. Police said officers spotted 27-year-old George Hernandez near Huntington Boulevard and Maple driving a stolen car. They said when they tried to pull him over, he took off -- at one point even driving the wrong way on Clovis Avenue.
Investigators say he later tried to run officers down before they used their cars to stop him.
"The officers used a pit maneuver, where they moved their car into the suspect car. When they did that it caused the Honda to roll, and it landed on its wheels, and he continued driving," said Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
Another officer was able to get Hernandez to stop. Officers say he then put up a fight before he was taken into custody.
He was taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment of some minor injuries. He was then booked into the Fresno County Jail.
fresno county, fresno, clovis, crimetracker, high speed chase, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation