Downtown Clovis fire destroys Antiques shop
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- The fire was at the "Country Rose Antiques" shop near Fifth and Pollasky. When firefighters arrived the building, it was fully engulfed.
The roof of the building and part of one wall collapsed during the fire. Fire officials said a person going by reported the fire.
The Country Rose is said to be a complete loss, and the Clovis Antiques Mall, located next door, received some minor damage.
The owner of Country Rose said the building is worth about a half-million dollars. He has insurance but isn't sure about the people who rent areas inside. The owners said he's not sure that he will rebuild.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
clovis, fresno county, fire, local, linda mumma
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos