Winton man, 22, killed in shooting
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for the person responsible for a deadly shooting in Winton Monday afternoon.
Authorities responded to a shooting at 1:30 p.m. on McConnell near Myrtle Avenue. When Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, they found the injured victim inside a 2009 white Kia.
Investigators do not have any leads on who the shooter could be. Witnesses described the events to officers.
"The suspect walked up on foot and fired several times into the driver side of the vehicle and then ran on foot," said Tom Mackenzie, Merced County Sheriff's Department.
The shooting victim was rushed to Mercy Hospital in Merced where he was pronounced dead Monday afternoon. He's been identified only as a 22-year-old man.
winton, merced county, shooting, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 22 hurt 47 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 9 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends