Winton man, 22, killed in shooting
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for the person responsible for a deadly shooting in Winton Monday afternoon.
Authorities responded to a shooting at 1:30 p.m. on McConnell near Myrtle Avenue. When Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, they found the injured victim inside a 2009 white Kia.
Investigators do not have any leads on who the shooter could be. Witnesses described the events to officers.
"The suspect walked up on foot and fired several times into the driver side of the vehicle and then ran on foot," said Tom Mackenzie, Merced County Sheriff's Department.
The shooting victim was rushed to Mercy Hospital in Merced where he was pronounced dead Monday afternoon. He's been identified only as a 22-year-old man.
winton, merced county, shooting, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 26 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Heart of the Horse is expanding 4 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- 2 Dems challenge Rep incumbent in Valley congressional race 57 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Photos: Easter traditions explained