Winton man, 22, killed in shooting
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for the person responsible for a deadly shooting in Winton Monday afternoon.
Authorities responded to a shooting at 1:30 p.m. on McConnell near Myrtle Avenue. When Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, they found the injured victim inside a 2009 white Kia.
Investigators do not have any leads on who the shooter could be. Witnesses described the events to officers.
"The suspect walked up on foot and fired several times into the driver side of the vehicle and then ran on foot," said Tom Mackenzie, Merced County Sheriff's Department.
The shooting victim was rushed to Mercy Hospital in Merced where he was pronounced dead Monday afternoon. He's been identified only as a 22-year-old man.
winton, merced county, shooting, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 25 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 52 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies