Winton man, 22, killed in shooting
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for the person responsible for a deadly shooting in Winton Monday afternoon.
Authorities responded to a shooting at 1:30 p.m. on McConnell near Myrtle Avenue. When Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrived, they found the injured victim inside a 2009 white Kia.
Investigators do not have any leads on who the shooter could be. Witnesses described the events to officers.
"The suspect walked up on foot and fired several times into the driver side of the vehicle and then ran on foot," said Tom Mackenzie, Merced County Sheriff's Department.
The shooting victim was rushed to Mercy Hospital in Merced where he was pronounced dead Monday afternoon. He's been identified only as a 22-year-old man.
winton, merced county, shooting, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire