Sentencing delayed for convicted rapist Spencer Scarber
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thursday morning a Fresno County judge delayed sentencing for Scarber for further review by the probation department.
In December, a jury found Scarber guilty of rape. Authorities say he took off to Mexico.
Only Action News was at the Fresno County Sheriff's Office as Scarber returned. Mexican immigration officials arrested Scarber in Acapulco last week and Fresno County detectives picked him up soon after.
Investigators also arrested his father, an Assistant CHP Chief, as well as his mother and sister. They are accused of helping Spencer flee to Mexico in the middle of his rape trial.
Scarber's parents and sister will have their own court dates next month. His father is also facing an internal affairs investigation at the CHP.
fresno, fresno county, squaw valley, mexico, sex crimes, local
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules 46 min ago
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies
- Drivers in California crash had clean records