Sentencing delayed for convicted rapist Spencer Scarber
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thursday morning a Fresno County judge delayed sentencing for Scarber for further review by the probation department.
In December, a jury found Scarber guilty of rape. Authorities say he took off to Mexico.
Only Action News was at the Fresno County Sheriff's Office as Scarber returned. Mexican immigration officials arrested Scarber in Acapulco last week and Fresno County detectives picked him up soon after.
Investigators also arrested his father, an Assistant CHP Chief, as well as his mother and sister. They are accused of helping Spencer flee to Mexico in the middle of his rape trial.
Scarber's parents and sister will have their own court dates next month. His father is also facing an internal affairs investigation at the CHP.
fresno, fresno county, squaw valley, mexico, sex crimes, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos