Sentencing delayed for convicted rapist Spencer Scarber
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thursday morning a Fresno County judge delayed sentencing for Scarber for further review by the probation department.
In December, a jury found Scarber guilty of rape. Authorities say he took off to Mexico.
Only Action News was at the Fresno County Sheriff's Office as Scarber returned. Mexican immigration officials arrested Scarber in Acapulco last week and Fresno County detectives picked him up soon after.
Investigators also arrested his father, an Assistant CHP Chief, as well as his mother and sister. They are accused of helping Spencer flee to Mexico in the middle of his rape trial.
Scarber's parents and sister will have their own court dates next month. His father is also facing an internal affairs investigation at the CHP.
fresno, fresno county, squaw valley, mexico, sex crimes, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004