A fight may be the cause of Fresno apartment fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The flames broke out around 12:30 a.m. Thursday morning at an apartment complex on Hammond near Angus.
Fire officials say the Fresno Police Department called in the fire department after they responded to a call about an fight at the same location.
"The fight was actually reported at the property where the fire originated, said Lawrence French, Fresno Fire Department, "Whether or not it had anything to do with the initiation of the fire, it's unknown pending investigation of both the criminal element, which Fresno PD will conduct their investigation, and our cause and origin determination will be determined by our arson investigator."
There were no reports of injuries. Fire officials say the damage could reach up to $50-thousand.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, crimetracker, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos