A fight may be the cause of Fresno apartment fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The flames broke out around 12:30 a.m. Thursday morning at an apartment complex on Hammond near Angus.
Fire officials say the Fresno Police Department called in the fire department after they responded to a call about an fight at the same location.
"The fight was actually reported at the property where the fire originated, said Lawrence French, Fresno Fire Department, "Whether or not it had anything to do with the initiation of the fire, it's unknown pending investigation of both the criminal element, which Fresno PD will conduct their investigation, and our cause and origin determination will be determined by our arson investigator."
There were no reports of injuries. Fire officials say the damage could reach up to $50-thousand.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, crimetracker, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety