Man accused of murdering woman at park due in court
HOUSTON -- An accused murderer is due in court today. Police say Jessie Blanco choked his girlfriend, then hit her with a crowbar and ran over with a car.
Melissa Chavez, 28, was found dead earlier this month. She had been run over with a car multiple times. Blanco is charged with her murder.
According to court documents, the couple got into a fight in the car and Blanco pulled over in the park. He allegedly choked Chavez to the point where she lost consciousness.
Then he reportedly struck her with a crow bar several times and finally ran over her body approximately 15 times. Investigators say Blanco told his brother that "he felt relieved after running over Chavez with his car."
An anonymous Crime Stoppers tip led to the location of Blanco, and he was arrested without incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma 19 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes