West Columbia police chief arrested
WEST COLUMBIA, TX -- A local police chief is now off the job and facing charges.
West Columbia Police Chief Michael Palmer was indicted on charges of tampering with physical evidence and possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested Thursday morning.
Thursday afternoon, an emergency meeting was held by West Columbia city officials, at which they immediately suspended Chief Palmer and relieved him of all duties, pending further investigation.
Mayor Laurie Kincannon told Eyewitness News that the department will continue to operate under the supervision of Captain Daryl Tiner, and stress that at no time was the city without police protection.
Palmer's bond is set at $100,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development 48 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- City of Fresno to hire 8 people to help...
59 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos