Rescued bobcat gets root canal at Houston Zoo
HOUSTON -- A bobcat rescued in Friendswood late last year got some needed dental work this week.
In a two-hour procedure Wednesday, Dr. Maryanne Tocidlowski of the Houston Zoo and Dr. Frank Shuman of the Houston SPCA performed several root canals on the animal. Several of its teeth were in poor condition and the procedure was done to prevent infection. The dental work was performed at the Houston Zoo.
After the root canals, the bobcat was transported back to the Houston SPCA and is being monitored.
The bobcat has previously been treated for and recovered from flea infestation, a bacterial infection and sarcoptic mange.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 40 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy 32 min ago
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Holiday season cookies and cocktails
37 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos