Armona teen allegedly stabs another over a bag of chips
ARMONA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 13-year-old girl is in juvenile hall after deputies say she stabbed a fellow student. It happened Wednesday at noon at the Parkview Middle School in Armona.
Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the suspect was upset after a 13-year-old boy stole a bag of chips from her. Investigators say at that point, the girl took out a knife and stabbed the victim in the back.
Deputies say she claims she was only trying to poke him. The victim's injury was so severe he had to be transported to a hospital in Fresno.
Kings County Assistant Sheriff Dave Putnam said, "It was a folding knife that had a blade of about 3.5 inches long that can be concealed."
Superintendent Steve Bogan said, "I just want to make sure parents know we have a safe school and all schools are generally safe we have isolated incidents we have to diffuse from time to time."
School officials say teachers talked to students Thursday, about resolving conflicts peacefully.
The student was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and will likely be expelled from school.
crimetracker, stabbing, armona, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 33 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
32 min ago