Armona teen allegedly stabs another over a bag of chips
ARMONA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 13-year-old girl is in juvenile hall after deputies say she stabbed a fellow student. It happened Wednesday at noon at the Parkview Middle School in Armona.
Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the suspect was upset after a 13-year-old boy stole a bag of chips from her. Investigators say at that point, the girl took out a knife and stabbed the victim in the back.
Deputies say she claims she was only trying to poke him. The victim's injury was so severe he had to be transported to a hospital in Fresno.
Kings County Assistant Sheriff Dave Putnam said, "It was a folding knife that had a blade of about 3.5 inches long that can be concealed."
Superintendent Steve Bogan said, "I just want to make sure parents know we have a safe school and all schools are generally safe we have isolated incidents we have to diffuse from time to time."
School officials say teachers talked to students Thursday, about resolving conflicts peacefully.
The student was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and will likely be expelled from school.
crimetracker, stabbing, armona, kings county, local, jessica peres
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos