Girl charged after stabbing peer for bag of chips
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley middle-school student in Armona has been charged in the stabbing of another student.
A 13-year-old girl from Parkview Middle School in Armona has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
The Kings County District Attorney's Office says she also faces another charge for using a knife. Kings County Sheriff's deputies say the girl stabbed a 13-year-old boy after he stole a bag of chips from her lunch.
She claims she only meant to "poke" him and was joking around.
The girl is expected to be arraigned on the charges Monday morning in Kings County Juvenile Hall.
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos