Power struggle in leadership of Chukchansi tribe
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- They've announced they have new leaders for its tribal council.
This comes about a year after violence at the tribal offices following a dispute over elections. Last march-- members claimed the election was fixed, and asked for the federal government to intervene.
This year's election was finalized with a new constitutional process because of that dispute.
Before being sworn in, a referendum signed by 30 percent of enrolled members of the tribe had to be presented to the tribe's chairwoman.
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals