Power struggle in leadership of Chukchansi tribe
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- They've announced they have new leaders for its tribal council.
This comes about a year after violence at the tribal offices following a dispute over elections. Last march-- members claimed the election was fixed, and asked for the federal government to intervene.
This year's election was finalized with a new constitutional process because of that dispute.
Before being sworn in, a referendum signed by 30 percent of enrolled members of the tribe had to be presented to the tribe's chairwoman.
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 27 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos