FPD honors employees at award ceremony
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department held its 29th Annual Officer and Employee of the Year awards Friday.
Officer Eden Cerda was one of the 14 people honored at a banquet in North Fresno. Each of the honorees was nominated by peers and chosen by a committee. The awards recognize officers, employees and volunteers who go above and beyond when doing their job, and helping out in the community.
Organizers say it gives the public a look at a different side of the police department.
Roz Clark of the Fresno Neighborhood Watch Association said, "They're in our community, they work in our community and they also help out in our community. And this is the way we recognize those people."
The event started nearly three decades ago with just one officer being honored, but in recent years the awards have been expanded to recognize officers in each district along with civilian employees and volunteers.
fresno, fresno county, fresno police department, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos