FPD honors employees at award ceremony
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department held its 29th Annual Officer and Employee of the Year awards Friday.
Officer Eden Cerda was one of the 14 people honored at a banquet in North Fresno. Each of the honorees was nominated by peers and chosen by a committee. The awards recognize officers, employees and volunteers who go above and beyond when doing their job, and helping out in the community.
Organizers say it gives the public a look at a different side of the police department.
Roz Clark of the Fresno Neighborhood Watch Association said, "They're in our community, they work in our community and they also help out in our community. And this is the way we recognize those people."
The event started nearly three decades ago with just one officer being honored, but in recent years the awards have been expanded to recognize officers in each district along with civilian employees and volunteers.
fresno, fresno county, fresno police department, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 25 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect