One found dead inside home in Woodlake fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fatal house fire in Woodlake located near Hermosa and Valencia Avenues had investigators searching through to determine how the unidentified person died.
Fire investigators and a crime scene unit from the Tulare County Sheriff's officers were at the scene for a while after the fire ended. The front of the home was heavily damaged and the Woodlake Police Chief said the original call came is as a burglary alarm.
When officers arrived they quickly figured out the sound reported was from a smoke alarm.
The fire department then responded to the scene to put out the fire and that's when they found a person dead inside. Action News was told no one else was in the home at the time officers arrived.
Detectives are investigating what killed the person inside. It's being treated as a suspicious death until a cause of death is determined.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local, rick montanez
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos