Tower: From neighborhood watch to business watch
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Business owners in Fresno's tower district are fighting back against crime.
Dozens of business owners are working to start the Tower district business network.' The store owners say they want the tower to continue to be a safe place to shop and eat. A recent burglary at "Fame Boutique" has prompted the owners to band together quickly to create the safety group.
Sandy Rodriguez of the Fame Boutique said "I lost, you know, a lot of expensive bags that were in the window. Clothes, jewelry."
Linda Whisenant of Free Bird said, "As a group of businesses we want to be ready, be prepared and be able to look out for each other in a proactive manor so that whatever may come our way we are ready to handle."
Roughly 120 small businesses operate in the tower district. Right now the 'business watch' group is still organizing.
They're working with Fresno Police to train shop owners on various situations they may encounter.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy 55 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 38 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 32 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Accuweather Forecast
22 min ago
- ABC30's Stephanie Stone welcomes baby girl
14 min ago
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting...
54 min ago