Tower: From neighborhood watch to business watch
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Business owners in Fresno's tower district are fighting back against crime.
Dozens of business owners are working to start the Tower district business network.' The store owners say they want the tower to continue to be a safe place to shop and eat. A recent burglary at "Fame Boutique" has prompted the owners to band together quickly to create the safety group.
Sandy Rodriguez of the Fame Boutique said "I lost, you know, a lot of expensive bags that were in the window. Clothes, jewelry."
Linda Whisenant of Free Bird said, "As a group of businesses we want to be ready, be prepared and be able to look out for each other in a proactive manor so that whatever may come our way we are ready to handle."
Roughly 120 small businesses operate in the tower district. Right now the 'business watch' group is still organizing.
They're working with Fresno Police to train shop owners on various situations they may encounter.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos