High Speed Rail Authority overcomes another obstacle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California High-Speed Rail Authority has settled another major lawsuit against its route through the Valley.
A group of four valley businesses were challenging the authority's environmental impact report for the train's route from Merced to Fresno.
But the businesses dropped the lawsuit Friday after negotiations with the state. As part of the agreement, the businesses agreed to not ask the state for fees or any money.
Less than a month ago the high-speed rail authority settled a similar lawsuit with the City of Chowchilla.
The project is expected to break ground in Fresno later this year.
fresno, fresno county, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 28 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos