High Speed Rail Authority overcomes another obstacle
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California High-Speed Rail Authority has settled another major lawsuit against its route through the Valley.
A group of four valley businesses were challenging the authority's environmental impact report for the train's route from Merced to Fresno.
But the businesses dropped the lawsuit Friday after negotiations with the state. As part of the agreement, the businesses agreed to not ask the state for fees or any money.
Less than a month ago the high-speed rail authority settled a similar lawsuit with the City of Chowchilla.
The project is expected to break ground in Fresno later this year.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos