CHP: Man struck by SUV on HWY 41 found dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pedestrian was killed in a vehicle accident in Southwest Fresno Friday evening.
The accident happened around 7:30 p.m. along Southbound Highway 41 and North Avenue.
Investigators say a man wearing dark clothing was walking along Hwy 41 when he was hit by an SUV. The driver of the vehicle stopped immediately and stayed on the scene. When officers arrived the man was already dead.
Axel Reyes of the California Highway Patrol said, "Here on the 41, this stretch here there's no street lights, pretty dark. Again, we're not sure how he walked into the roadway. We're not too sure of the details yet."
The driver stopped immediately after hitting the man. Investigators say they won't know until the coroner's report comes back if the pedestrian had been drinking at the time of the accident.
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos