Actors play out fake robbery in a Valley bank
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Clovis Big Dry Creek Historical Society presented the 1924 First State Bank Robbery melodrama.
Local amateur actors portrayed one the most famous events in Clovis history when "the owl" and "the lone wolf" robbed a bank there. The pair later got caught and punished.
The bank is now a museum and has been hosting reenactments of the robbery since 2004.
Saturday's event was free to the public, and a number of students from Cedar Wood Elementary School were there to watch.
Organizers say it's important for people to remember the history of Clovis and that bad guys get what they deserve.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members