CSUF Engineering students outreach at mall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno State engineering students are encouraging younger kids to consider following in their footsteps.
They set up several projects at the Sierra Vista Mall to depict all of the engineering disciplines offered at the university. The displays included a concrete canoe, a formula one car, and an unmanned aerial vehicle.
The demonstration is part of national engineers' week. Organizers say the goal is to show how engineering affects many aspects of daily life.
Director of Pathway Student Services at Lyles College of Engineering Hernan Maldonado said, "Engineering is all around us. Engineering touches our everyday lives from the water we drink to our dwellings in the houses where we live& the buildings the structures."
Lyles College of Engineering puts on the display at the mall every year around president's day -- in remembrance of George Washington, who is considered the nation's first engineer.
fresno, fresno county, fresno state, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Central Fresno 6 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard