CSUF Engineering students outreach at mall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno State engineering students are encouraging younger kids to consider following in their footsteps.
They set up several projects at the Sierra Vista Mall to depict all of the engineering disciplines offered at the university. The displays included a concrete canoe, a formula one car, and an unmanned aerial vehicle.
The demonstration is part of national engineers' week. Organizers say the goal is to show how engineering affects many aspects of daily life.
Director of Pathway Student Services at Lyles College of Engineering Hernan Maldonado said, "Engineering is all around us. Engineering touches our everyday lives from the water we drink to our dwellings in the houses where we live& the buildings the structures."
Lyles College of Engineering puts on the display at the mall every year around president's day -- in remembrance of George Washington, who is considered the nation's first engineer.
fresno, fresno county, fresno state, local
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 41 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 1 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago