Train hits abandoned car in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A train hit a car that was on the tracks near at Palm and Santa Fe Santa Fe Avenue causing traffic problems in the area Monday morning.
The train extended from Palm Ave to Shields Ave in Central Fresno.
A crash between a train and a car in central fresno is still under investigation late Monday morning. Authorities say a freight train collided with a car around 5 a.m. Monday on Palm near Shields.
Investigators say the car was abandoned at the time of the crash. Several streets were blocked off in the area while Fresno Police investigated. All streets in the area are back open.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, accident, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 49 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs