Woodlake family mourns loss of elderly woman killed in fire
WOODLAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Woodlake family spent the day salvaging any belongings that weren't destroyed by fire, before their house was boarded up.
Police officers and firefighters rushed to the house Friday night. Officers first went out there after they got a call of a burglar alarm at the house.
When firefighters got there, half of the house was in flames. Fire officials say an elderly woman in her 90s, was at home alone when the fire broke out. She died in the fire.
Angel Rodriguez says he's lived next door to the victim and her husband for more than 30 years. He placed flowers on a telephone poll in honor of his grandparents, and also his neighbor.
Fire investigators are releasing few details about the fire itself, only saying the house is a total loss. An investigation is ongoing into exactly how the woman died and what caused the fire.
fire, woodlake, visalia, tulare county, tulare, three rivers, local, jessica peres
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 38 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?