Woodlake family mourns loss of elderly woman killed in fire
WOODLAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Woodlake family spent the day salvaging any belongings that weren't destroyed by fire, before their house was boarded up.
Police officers and firefighters rushed to the house Friday night. Officers first went out there after they got a call of a burglar alarm at the house.
When firefighters got there, half of the house was in flames. Fire officials say an elderly woman in her 90s, was at home alone when the fire broke out. She died in the fire.
Angel Rodriguez says he's lived next door to the victim and her husband for more than 30 years. He placed flowers on a telephone poll in honor of his grandparents, and also his neighbor.
Fire investigators are releasing few details about the fire itself, only saying the house is a total loss. An investigation is ongoing into exactly how the woman died and what caused the fire.
fire, woodlake, visalia, tulare county, tulare, three rivers, local, jessica peres
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 17 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
16 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
17 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos