Woodlake family mourns loss of elderly woman killed in fire
WOODLAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Woodlake family spent the day salvaging any belongings that weren't destroyed by fire, before their house was boarded up.
Police officers and firefighters rushed to the house Friday night. Officers first went out there after they got a call of a burglar alarm at the house.
When firefighters got there, half of the house was in flames. Fire officials say an elderly woman in her 90s, was at home alone when the fire broke out. She died in the fire.
Angel Rodriguez says he's lived next door to the victim and her husband for more than 30 years. He placed flowers on a telephone poll in honor of his grandparents, and also his neighbor.
Fire investigators are releasing few details about the fire itself, only saying the house is a total loss. An investigation is ongoing into exactly how the woman died and what caused the fire.
fire, woodlake, visalia, tulare county, tulare, three rivers, local, jessica peres
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 39 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 40 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed