Body found in canal near Woodlake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the discovery of a body in a canal west of Woodlake.
Detectives say the body was found Monday morning near a buoy line in the Friant-Kern Canal by an employee who works for the Friant Water Authority.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Dive and Rescue Team recovered the body. Investigators believe the body had been there for some time.
woodlake, tulare county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation