Body found in canal near Woodlake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the discovery of a body in a canal west of Woodlake.
Detectives say the body was found Monday morning near a buoy line in the Friant-Kern Canal by an employee who works for the Friant Water Authority.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Dive and Rescue Team recovered the body. Investigators believe the body had been there for some time.
woodlake, tulare county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 57 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest