myRedBook date ends in robbery for a Fresno man
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are facing robbery and kidnapping charges after a meeting set up online took a dangerous turn.
Investigators say a 49-year-old man showed up to meet a woman late last month, after going to the site, myredbook.com.
Police identify that woman as 22-year-old Brittnie Saunier. But shortly after the two met, police say Amanda Battazzi, 28, and George Flores, 29, confronted the victim, taking his belongings, and threatening him with a gun.
David Ramsey with the Fresno Police Department said, "While they were holding him, they demanded his pin for his ATM card."
Police say the two women then left the house, while Flores, a gang member, held the victim at gunpoint.
Within about 30 minutes, the two women drove to three nearby ATM machines, withdrawing money from the victim's account. He was released when they returned, and later, called police.
"I'm sure it occurs more than what has been reported to the police department. It's very difficult in a situation like this for a victim to come forward. But I'm sure happy there's a victim that did, because we got a violent gang member off the street.
Police say surveillance video from those three ATM machines helped investigators track down the suspects in this case.
We're told Saunier was arrested right away, the other two suspects were taken into custody last week. All three are now facing charges of robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, and conspiracy.
carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, bulldog gang, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, local, amanda perez
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 50 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Accuweather Forecast
13 min ago