myRedBook date ends in robbery for a Fresno man
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are facing robbery and kidnapping charges after a meeting set up online took a dangerous turn.
Investigators say a 49-year-old man showed up to meet a woman late last month, after going to the site, myredbook.com.
Police identify that woman as 22-year-old Brittnie Saunier. But shortly after the two met, police say Amanda Battazzi, 28, and George Flores, 29, confronted the victim, taking his belongings, and threatening him with a gun.
David Ramsey with the Fresno Police Department said, "While they were holding him, they demanded his pin for his ATM card."
Police say the two women then left the house, while Flores, a gang member, held the victim at gunpoint.
Within about 30 minutes, the two women drove to three nearby ATM machines, withdrawing money from the victim's account. He was released when they returned, and later, called police.
"I'm sure it occurs more than what has been reported to the police department. It's very difficult in a situation like this for a victim to come forward. But I'm sure happy there's a victim that did, because we got a violent gang member off the street.
Police say surveillance video from those three ATM machines helped investigators track down the suspects in this case.
We're told Saunier was arrested right away, the other two suspects were taken into custody last week. All three are now facing charges of robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, and conspiracy.
carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, bulldog gang, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, local, amanda perez
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 18 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting...
26 min ago