Historic Hanford Inn shuts down in foreclosure
HANFORD, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kings County Sheriff's deputies locked up Hanford's Irwin Street Inn on Wednesday, and told the remaining tenants to get out. The Inn, which was a combination Hotel, apartment house and events center was seized in a foreclosure.
Some of the hotel rooms were rented out on a monthly basis. Mike Longoria was renting one of those rooms, and was the only resident left in the hotel on Wednesday. He told Action News he had no place to go and was asking to stay in the room, without running water for a couple of more days.
He is not the only one hurt. Dori Shankland worked as the hotel's night manager. She lived in a room and is now in a jam.
"I've got nowhere else to go. Now I'm without a job and without a home."
Jami Roe was the events planner for the Irwin Street Inn. She's upset because the owner allowed her to book reservations for weddings and other events for the next several months, without telling her the place was about to shut down. She's afraid a lot of customers who made deposits of between $350 to $1000 will lose their money.
"We were booked for every Saturday through October. This is devastating stuff to people."
Roe also says the owner, Frank Garcia refused to pay her final wages.
We attempted to reach Garcia at his home in Redlands but were unable to contact him.
The property consists of three old Victorian homes surrounding a courtyard and stage area. It's located in downtown Hanford. The Fresno law firm of Powell and Pool is now handling the property for the lender.
hanford, kings county, local, gene haagenson
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt 15 min ago
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits 57 min ago
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks