A little Fresno girl is recovering after being shot twice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An 8-year-old child was rushed to the emergency room overnight, after she was shot inside a home in Central Fresno.
The shooting happened around 3:30 Thursday morning on Fourth near White -- in the area where Highway 41 and Highway 180 intersect.
The little girl was recovering from surgery late Thursday morning. She is reportedly in stable condition. Investigators say girl's injuries do not appear to be life threatening, but say they will affect her quality of life for many years to come.
Fresno Police are still looking for the shooter, or shooters, in the case. Police said the shooting was gang related, but no suspects have been identified.
Authorities say an unoccupied black Honda was targeted in the shooting. The car window was shot out and a lot of bullets struck the car. The house was also hit several times, and the family rushed to help the 8-year-old girl who was hit by two bullets -- one in the arm and the other in the stomach -- while she was asleep on the couch.
Officers were called out to the home after the spray of gunfire woke many neighbors.
"It looks like some cars, at least one car, came down the street, fired many shots at the residents," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department, "Several family members were inside the house. The little girl was sleeping on the couch -- 8-year-old, and was hit a bullet in the upper torso area."
Investigators have interviewing neighbors and collecting clues. They are also looking to see if the shooting was captured on any surveillance cameras in the area.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this Developing Story.
crimetracker, shooting, gang, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 16 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
45 min ago