A little Fresno girl is recovering after being shot twice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An 8-year-old child was rushed to the emergency room overnight, after she was shot inside a home in Central Fresno.
The shooting happened around 3:30 Thursday morning on Fourth near White -- in the area where Highway 41 and Highway 180 intersect.
The little girl was recovering from surgery late Thursday morning. She is reportedly in stable condition. Investigators say girl's injuries do not appear to be life threatening, but say they will affect her quality of life for many years to come.
Fresno Police are still looking for the shooter, or shooters, in the case. Police said the shooting was gang related, but no suspects have been identified.
Authorities say an unoccupied black Honda was targeted in the shooting. The car window was shot out and a lot of bullets struck the car. The house was also hit several times, and the family rushed to help the 8-year-old girl who was hit by two bullets -- one in the arm and the other in the stomach -- while she was asleep on the couch.
Officers were called out to the home after the spray of gunfire woke many neighbors.
"It looks like some cars, at least one car, came down the street, fired many shots at the residents," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department, "Several family members were inside the house. The little girl was sleeping on the couch -- 8-year-old, and was hit a bullet in the upper torso area."
Investigators have interviewing neighbors and collecting clues. They are also looking to see if the shooting was captured on any surveillance cameras in the area.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this Developing Story.
crimetracker, shooting, gang, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 36 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 40 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 7 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
40 min ago