House fire breaks out on Pollasky and First in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused a Clovis home to go up in flames.
The fire happened shortly after 5:00 Thursday night, near First Street and Pollasky.
It took a team of about 17 fire fighters to put out the fire, which is believed to have started in the garage area -- where the residents do welding and automotive work.
Investigators say someone was cutting metal right before the flames broke out.
There were some initial concerns, after neighbors and crews on scene heard a number of explosions.
Clovis Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Despain said, "In the garage area was a number of oxygen acetylene torch containers, those started to explode, so we had an explosive hazard, we also had some electrical hazards and drop lines affected."
No one was injured and crews were able to isolate the fire to the garage area. But the two people, who live there, were displaced for the evening.
Damage is estimated at more than $100 thousand.
fire, clovis, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 52 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 49 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River