House fire breaks out on Pollasky and First in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused a Clovis home to go up in flames.
The fire happened shortly after 5:00 Thursday night, near First Street and Pollasky.
It took a team of about 17 fire fighters to put out the fire, which is believed to have started in the garage area -- where the residents do welding and automotive work.
Investigators say someone was cutting metal right before the flames broke out.
There were some initial concerns, after neighbors and crews on scene heard a number of explosions.
Clovis Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Despain said, "In the garage area was a number of oxygen acetylene torch containers, those started to explode, so we had an explosive hazard, we also had some electrical hazards and drop lines affected."
No one was injured and crews were able to isolate the fire to the garage area. But the two people, who live there, were displaced for the evening.
Damage is estimated at more than $100 thousand.
fire, clovis, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 8 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos