House fire breaks out on Pollasky and First in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused a Clovis home to go up in flames.
The fire happened shortly after 5:00 Thursday night, near First Street and Pollasky.
It took a team of about 17 fire fighters to put out the fire, which is believed to have started in the garage area -- where the residents do welding and automotive work.
Investigators say someone was cutting metal right before the flames broke out.
There were some initial concerns, after neighbors and crews on scene heard a number of explosions.
Clovis Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Despain said, "In the garage area was a number of oxygen acetylene torch containers, those started to explode, so we had an explosive hazard, we also had some electrical hazards and drop lines affected."
No one was injured and crews were able to isolate the fire to the garage area. But the two people, who live there, were displaced for the evening.
Damage is estimated at more than $100 thousand.
fire, clovis, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested 26 min ago
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say 8 min ago
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos