Clovis man allegedly targets teens in phone sex crimes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Brandon Johns, 27, was arrested at his Madera County home on Tuesday. He's accused of emailing harmful materials (lewd photos) to seduce a minor, and making annoying phone calls. Thus far, Clovis investigators have found six teenage girl victims.
Detectives say he found his victims through Facebook. Cloaked with a fake name, and shielded behind the internet, Brandon Johns started talking to underage girls.
Janet Stoll-Lee said, "It seems he gets confidence on the Facebook. That's where he engages young women under the age of 18, they're all minors."
One of the victims went to Clovis Police, telling detectives that the conversation quickly moved from computer to cell phone. "At that point when the phone conversation starts he'll send a lewd picture over to the victims prior to phone sex happening."
Detectives believe Johns had no trouble getting personal information, and a lot of it, from the internet. "Where you live, all the kind of information that some people will post that makes them very vulnerable to this kind of scheme."
She reminds parents to counsel kids about the dangers of Facebook, social media, and private information, which can become public at the click of a mouse.
Detectives say they're worried about the many more victims whom they have yet to identify. A search of the suspect's cell phone revealed activity and phone calls to other potential victims. Police believe he targeted people in Clovis, Fresno and Madera.
They ask that you call Clovis police at 559-324-2414 if you believe you or someone you know, may be a victim in this case.
crimetracker, sex crimes, clovis, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 42 min ago
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley 24 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos